The women in this community need you! If you are interested in starting a support group for women of any kind, please contact us and we would be more than happy to work with you to make it happen.
Support through our Resource Centre
The Fort St. Women's Resource Society strives to assist all women in the community to improve the quality of their lives through our Resource Centre. The Resource Centre is located at 10051 - 100th Avenue, Fort St. John and is open Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm. We offer the following information and support to help you:
- Information: Pamphlets, magazines, books, videos, on a wide variety of topics as well as internet access to information.
- Referrals: Municipal, provincial and federal government agencies, other service agencies, local and provincial networks, and specialized support groups.
- Poverty Law Advocacy: Help in filling out forms, dealing with government agencies, helping you to get the services you want and need, aiding you in receiving respect for your rights when accessing any social programs yo may need. Applications, appeals, tribunals, RTA arbitration and mental health hearings.
- Support: emotional and information support in a friendly environment to help you in dealing with any problems you may have. Your rights and confidentiality are always assured.
- Education: workshops, lectures, speakers, internet access and programs about issues of importance to women in our community and the world.
- Housing: Second stage housing for women with children that are leaving abusive relationships.
- Free Bus Passes: Bus passes are available to all women. Please contact our office to learn how to obtain one.
Please contact us if you require more information.